Starting in October of 2012, I began working with a dear old friend of mine, Tanith K., both of us wanting to start performing music and thespianism in and around Kansas City. We ultimately decided on music-centered performance highlighted by comedy and burlesque. We set to work on coming up with a name for our ambitious project; we decided upon “Cache Monet” pronounced “Cash Monayyy.”
Tanith has a history in burlesque performance in the Kansas City area, and I have done some performing with my dear old band, “The Abortionists.” It seemed like a necessary evolution as I was getting ants in my pants about getting out of my house and into the city. We are currently developing our stage show and many musical numbers.
This month, we have announced to the entire universe that we have a single on iTunes that we have labored over for months, that we are beginning our marketing campaign to raise some money so we can start performing with the necessary equipment, and hitting our friends up for some support and exposure.
While the new single, “Adam’s Apple,” isn’t overtly humorous or entirely indicative of our music style, we are very proud of our product, and assure you all that there will be many more. To increase the amount of exposure we can gather in a short amount of time, we need you, our friends and the very good people of the internet who I have been promoting music to for a very long time!
Here’s the deal:
1. Listen to the track on http://www.soundcloud.com/cachemonet and comment telling us what you think.
2. If you like it, you can buy the track on iTunes or CDbaby (for now, our distribution will take a bit to get on Amazon.com and such). WRITE A REVIEW. This part is really important. It helps people on iTunes know what other people think about us, and it helps people make buying decisions they wouldn’t otherwise make.
3. If you want to hear more, go to http://www.cachemonetkc.com and join the mailing list. We will do our best to let you hear our new stuff FIRST before we announce things on Facebook, Twitter and such.
4. Use social media like Facebook & Tumblr to share our website and music with your friends, friends of friends, pets, family, etc.
5. Be in our music videos! In the next few months, we will be putting announcements for all y’alls to meet us to do some video shoots for promotional videos! Everyone will receive credit for being in them, and we promise it will be super fun!
6. Help us get into venues! Once our act is complete, we will be inviting you all to our first performance and we will do our best to get it on video so you non-attenders can see us perform.
Obviously, you’re not obligated in any way to do any of this. I appreciate everyone who has had to listen to 5 versions of each song and did so willingly and who gave constructive criticism and encouragement.
Once we release a full album, we will be able to offer physical distribution and get a physical CD into your hands. Once we start up a street team, we’ll set up ways that we can give away free goodies to our supporters!
Thank you for reading, and for listening, and we will be back with some sarcastic-mode for our upcoming new singles, which should release before the end of February!
-Booyah, aka Princess Tigerlily of Cache Monet